Monday, October 8, 2012

The Roxy Theater (West Hollywood) 9009 W. Sunset Blvd. Hollywood, CA


  • The Roxy Theatre - 9009 West Sunset Blvd. West Hollywood, CA
  • Email Beth at: VIP@theroxy.com
  • Parking: YES (street, valet ($7.00 - but parking is limited) and other venues near by for $8.00)
  • Arrangements: YES (by emailing VIP customer service and requesting a table due to Mobility)
  • Visit: Oct 6, 2012
Big people friendly!!! 



The world famous Roxy Theater is large people friendly. For the majority the staff is friendly (The guy that scans the tickets could be more friendly). The box office is located a few steps from the entrance. They have a sort of valet parking ($7.00) to the left of the box office. (as seen below)


(as seen below: Front Street Entrance to The Roxy Theater)
When I arrived, I had already called and made arragements to make sure I have seating. This is what I did.. I emailed the VIP staff (Beth) her email is listed at the beging of the blog along with address. I explained that I was a large size girl and would need special accommodations  She replied with in 24 hours and told me that it would not be a problem. That she would reserve a seat for me and a guest. They usually charge for tables and VIP seating. But if you are special needs or mobility impaired they will accommodate you at no extra charge. When I arried at the box office to pick up my tickets, I explained that i had arrangements with Beth prior and what i needed to do next. They told me i had to make line... Mind you the line was far back and I knew that i would not be able to stand in line until they open the doors. i then asked the ticket guy if i could possibly borrow a seat while my friend made line for both of us. The ticket guy said, they couldn't bring chairs outside the venue. I then started to panic, because at this point I was already standing for some time and my back was killing me. My friend went back to the box office and explain my situation and they told her to ask "EDDIE". Eddie is the main security and he is always at the entrance. He told me i wa able to go in before the doors open, no problem. Then i was directed by another security to our table that already had a reserved table placement card with my name on it. SCORE!

(below is the Seating area: Both VIP and Tables)

This is the table me and my guest were sitting at, the stage is just a few steps to the left of the tables. 

Not pictured: Restrooms because I didn't use them (they looked tiny) but on a good note they have lounge style seating to the left of the female restrooms, that will seat 4 plus size people. The female restrooms and lounge are located just steps of the Main Street Entrance. The Roxy theater is not so big inside, a main bar to the right of the main entrance, the stage a few steps of entering the venue and the seating area to the left of the entrance after passing the female restrooms. The male restrooms are at the back of the venue near the stage area. I got a soda it was $4.00, they also sell bar food, mixed drinks and beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment